About Your Career Coach
2015: Global Career Development Facilitator (GCDF) certification
2007: Auburn University Montgomery - BSBA, General Business
2003: Holtville High School, Elmore County Schools
I became Elmore County's first career coach in August 2013. Prior to becoming an educator, I worked in marketing, advertising, and publication design for a credit union and assisted with economic development for Elmore County.
WHAT DOES A CAREER COACH DO?
As career coach, I provides career development guidance and resources for high school students with an emphasis on technical programs. Just like our technical center, I serve all high schools in Elmore County Schools. I also have the opportunity to collaborate with our middle and elementary schools on career activities for younger grades.
I help students prepare for life after high school through individual, small group, and classroom activities as well as large events. My goal for each interaction is that we move closer to identifying which career(s) they want to pursue and finding an educational pathway to get there.
These activities include:
- career fairs and expos as well as job shadowing through CTE programs
- classroom career exploration activities and interest assessments
- resume building/editing and mock interviews
- relationships with business/industry to facilitate classroom speakers, industry tours, and involvement in student activities
- promoting CTE courses to all students
- providing resources for students and parents regarding college and career options